Friday, July 24, 2015

Summer Blog 2015

Sometimes even though we are a small company we have Dilbert style weirdness too...

So today I spent a portion of my time separating blue condoms out for a customer because his source for non usable joke condoms no longer exists and when I asked my buyer she said non FDA approved condoms can no longer be sold because assholes were buying them cheap and then re-selling them as approved condoms.  Novelties with condoms are rarely available anymore either because folks were in fact taking the condom off the product or using it. I’m glad they were thinking about safe sex but a toy item???? Then again when you are in the moment……


I also noticed that a douche we were carrying had the words waterproof on it, let that sink in a moment Ok done thinking good, I would freaking hope it was waterproof. I wonder if this is just like an apple being labeled Gluten Free or Fat Free. 

Spent a large chunk of the day dealing with credit card company service folks, we had a hardware failure at a store and they wanted my personal info to close out a batch, uh no. This has happen before and they didn’t need my personal info. Finally went up high enough and the batch was closed out. They  send me a form to come up with alternate security passwords and so on, I get the form and there is only one of the ten accounts listed, in what universe do I want to have to deal with this again and how would you not know to send forms with all the accounts on it. Sometimes the stupid hurts.


A woman in Portland calling herself the dildo fairy has been stringing dildos together and throwing them over Portland’s’ power lines and giving boxes of dildos to others to do the same with.  The folks in charge of the power lines are saying they are not a fire hazard and to please not to try and cut them down. A local shop is warning folks not to use them. Seriously you would use a dildo that you cut down off a power line. I think they just wanted the publicity. Keep Portland Weird at its best.

Hope everyone is having a great summer. I know there is plenty in the world to be concerned about and I hope our stores, websites, podcast and social media can bring a few moments of joy to your day.

Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment